Tuesday, 26 July 2011

Second Blog

Okay - some of you folks who do follow my blog are probably thinking Why does Steven Hartley have two blogs now? Well, yesterday I opened up a blog titled Likely Looney, Mostly Merrie. The blog's purpose is meant to be focusing mainly on Warner Bros. theatrical cartoons from 1930 to 1969 - Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies.

Recently, I've been thinking of preparing a challenge of watching every single Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies in release order from the very first Bosko short to the very last Cool Cat cartoon, basically the 1930-1969 era. I'm not only going to be watching them as part of the challenge, but another goal is to try and review every single one of them, each.

Some of you people may be raising their eyebrows about why I created a seperate blog on mostly Warner cartoons, and not just put it in my regular blog. The reason is that, recently I've became a real fan of Warner history - and I'm getting interested in identifying animators' work like Rod Scribner, Bob McKimson or Ken Harris, even. I have tons of more Warner posts to talk about - and I felt that putting them all in this blog is just going to fiddle and mess my schedule up. So, I felt that creating a new blog separately would be more suitable.

Furthermore, I should point out that I felt that my blog wasn't getting too much feedback as I felt - and I thought that creating a new blog on a different topic would be more interesting and that I felt that Disney has been discussed too much, and that more Warner posts need to be published. I don't recall a post where a blog on Warner posts reviewed every Warner shorts chronologically, but there is a Disney one. We do need more of those blogs I think. Don't worry, I'm not going to give up Blabbing on Arts and Culture - I still have more posts coming my way - but I just want to let you know that I may be focusing on that new blog a bit more.

Now, I know I've heard from people saying that there's 1'004 Looney Tunes shorts - but my count was only 1000 - but I still add 1'004 - because I tell them as I hear them.

No comments: