Saturday, 11 June 2011

New Blog, New Inspiration

I know that I said that I wasn't going to post until June 17th, but I thought I was staying a school weekend, but it turned out that I was going home. So, I can post a bit more then.


While going home today, and to find out some news on the animation blogs, I heard about the Fred Kopietz interview and I managed to read it at school, but there were a lot of people screaming and excited about later Disney animator Andreas Deja who has opened up an animation blog, and he's created it about a week ago and it's already making excellent progress and a lot of readers attracted.

For those who don't know Andreas well, here is a brief info - Andreas Deja is an Animator who arrived at Disney in 1980 as a mentor for Eric Larson, and then went on to animate on The Black Cauldron and later became a Directing Animator on The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, etc. I somehow usually thought of him as a villain animator - like when he worked on Jafar, Gaston, Scar, etc.

I've seen his blog posts on the Nine Old Men like Milt Kahl or Eric Larson, and Marc Davis - and they're all very neat and inspiring - and he's got production drawings of them and pictures. He sure is lucky to have met them and own these drawings - I wonder if they were worth a fortune collecting those. He's got some amazing posts coming up - and even mentioned to me in a comment about an upcoming post on Woolie Reitherman, which I will be looking forward to a lot.

This will be interesting to find about.

No comments: