Saturday, 12 March 2011

Interesting "Chinese Spongebob" Vid



I've seen this video of Spongebob Squarepants in China many times. It is quite amusing to watch - although it's incredibly clmusy. It seems to be that someone on YouTube had actually some edits for footage of the Spongebob Squarepants Movie and did a spoof.

I thought the opening titles were clever to use a Chinese take-away box as Spongebob's home instead of a pineapple - and instead of "boatmobiles" they use tanks. Mmm, isn't that a bit too much on the politics side? Although it's incredibly short and it was pointless a bit.

Although, it's quite entertaining in ways - but I just think that it is far too controversial to the public - and it was attracted more than 55 million views from my count. Sure, we know about some history of China in the past - with the "Tank Man" protesting the tanks coming by. But, sometimes I think they ought to watch out. Although, they did get away with it (I think).

Spongebob Squarepants was in fact one of my favourite childhood shows when I was young and I always loved the characters and the gags which were hilarious. However, I thought that after the movie came out - new episodes became rather crude and the animation looked very ugly to me. I always preferred the animation from Seasons 2 and 3. The Season 1 animation with traditional animation I thought was alright and I never had a problem with it. Surprising as I love the show so much and yet it's what I rarely talk about.

I just thought I'd show it to you - as I can't write a lengthy article at the moment since my laptop is getting fixed at the moment (hopefully) ready for next week.

No comments: