Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Titanic Exhibition

Sorry - I have no time for a lengthy article but I do want to note one thing:

Tomorrow I will be off to London to go to an exhibition in London that's called the Titanic Exhibition that will be held throughout January and May at the London 02 Arena. What they have there will be some rare artifacts and objects that had once been in the North Atlantic Ocean almost 100 years when Titanic sank after being struck by an iceberg on the night of 14 April 1912 at 11.40pm and sunk at the early hours of 15 April 1912 at 2.20am - just 2 hours and forty minutes after the collision.


For a guy who's also fascinated about the Titanic (like me) will be looking forward to this exhibition and I get to finally see some stuff that I've been dying to see - and even some history on it. I've always been fascinated about the Titanic, like the fact how it sunk and the survivors and how the orders were "woman and children" first. At one stage when I was 13, I really wanted to write a book about it and make up a story (not the mushy, soppy story from the James Cameron blockbuster) but a story of passengers' time on the deck and their friendship. I was in progress until somehow I never got further - I don't know why? Maybe I'll get back on it later, and when I feel ready to write it.

If are free until May, or can afford a trip to England (to outsiders of Britain), or live near the 02. Then come on down and see some amazing objects that they'll be showing.

The last Titanic survivor Millvina Dean passed away almost two years ago on May 31st 2009 - aged 97.

No comments: