Saturday, 8 January 2011

Celebrity Caricatures (I)

Yesterday, my dad posted me an e-mail of some caricatures, and there are dozens and dozens and dozens of them that I received, and I think I'll post them all in two parts. In the next following posts (as well as my Fantasia Mosaics), I will be posting all of these caricatures. I  first looked at them, and I thought they were very funny. They were certainly a lot of exaggeration and a lot of potential here.

However, I couldn't identify on who those caricaturists were - although in the signatures, I could only identify names that were Ben Heine and Andrea Scott. Both were such talented artists, and I'm sure that there are a lot of these pictures that I will be posting that are already available on the web, but I'm still going to post them again anyways. I just thought that you guys would find it funny, and amusing to watch: these caricatures I'm showing show a bit of old, Golden-Age actors from the 1930's, 40's, 50's or 60's, etc. and even some politics, artists, sports players, etc. Really celebrities.

Here I've got 42 caricatures of celebrities that I will be posting now:

You should be able to guess this bloke--Albert Einstein. One of the brainiest people in the world.

Current Chancellor of Germany Angela Merkel (top), and former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown (bottom).

 U.S. President Barack Obama (top), and actor and Governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger (bottom).

 Pope Benedict XVI (top) and  "big-ears" Prince Charles of Wales (bottom).

 Former U.S. President George W. Bush (topty) and Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Poetin (bottie).

 Former U.S. President Bill Clinton (top) and Former Chancellor of Germany Gerhard Schroder (bottom).

 American businessman Donald Trump (top) and Microsoft inventor "computer nerd" Bill Gates bottom). (Only kidding, Bill).

 American painter and entertainer Andy Warhol (top) and Spanish painter Salvador Dali (bottom).

German fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld (topty) and Spanish painter Pablo Picasso (bottie).

Classic film directors: Gory director Quentin Tarantino (top) - who directed Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, etc. and obvious on the right; Alfred Hitchcock - director of The Birds, Psycho, Dial M for Murder, etc.

 Film directors: Steven Spielberg at the top, Yay, another Steven ;) - director of ET, Jaws, Empire of the Sun, etc. Roman Polanski at the bottom, who directed Rosemary's Baby, The Pianist, etc.

Two celebrity turtle-doves - Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.

 Two "classic" Golden-Age actresses: Bette Davis at the top and Marlene Dietrich on the bottom.

 Actors: Bill Murray (top) and Bruce Willis (bottom). Huh, Bruce looks a bit like Homer Simpson.

Famous American actor Christopher Walken - who sort of looks like actress Joan Cusack here.

 Actors: Clint Eastwood (topty) and America's hunk George Clooney (bottie).

 Casablanca star Humphrey Bogart at the top "In all the gin joints, in all the towns, and all the world, and I look hideous here" (Ok, not a great joke). Indiana Jones star Harrison Ford on the bottom.

 Classic actor Jack Nicholson (top), and actress Jamie Lee Curtis (bottom).

 Marion Mitchell Morrison (or as we know) John Wayne at the top, and German actor Klaus Kinski on the bottom.

 Filmstars: Lee Marvin at the top and American superstar blonde Marilyn Monroe at the bottom.

 Current actor Nicholas Cage (topty), and actress Meryl Streep (bottie), an actress that I find overrated.

 Two acclaimed celebrities: acclaimed actor Paul Newman (top), and acclaimed director (and actor) Orson Welles (bottom).

I'm afraid the fun's over for now, and let me know what you thought about them, and I will probably post the second installment next week or so. I enjoyed posting these, they gave me a chuckle, and I must give praise to the caricaturists.

More to come soon...

No comments: