Friday, 1 October 2010

My Saddest Ending Ever!

I'll show you what I think (in my very own opinion) in which I think is the most saddest ending I've ever seen in my life - and that is the death of the rabbit Hazel in Watership Down.
is the name of the forest in Hampshire, United Kingdom. I've watched those scenes many times and it still gives me the coldness and the sad feeling, but I think it was set up great and I couldn't think of a better ending for the film, although even though the rabbit dies - it shows that Hazel is going to a better place.
To those unsure about it let me write this: Watership Down is a 1978 animated film based on the book by Richard Adams and the film was directed, produced and written by Martin Rosen and the original director for the film was actually UPA owner John Hubley but he was fired - and there is a brilliant article about John Hubley's involvement in Watership Down right here.
However, the film mainly ins the name of the forest in Hampshire, United Kingdom. I've watched those scenes many times and it still gives me the coldness and the sad feeling, but I think it was set up great and I couldn't think of a better ending for the film, although even though the rabbit dies - it shows that Hazel is going to a better place.
All the world will be your enemy, prince with a thousand enemies and when they catch you, they'll kill you. But first they must catch you...

1 comment:

Eric Noble said...

It is a beautiful ending. I think John Hubley did have an influence on some aspects of the film. This spiritual segment I think proves it. I wonder what Watership Down would have been like if Hubley had overseen the film from beginning to end.