Saturday, 30 October 2010

Basil Fawlty Beats His Car

As, it was John Cleese's 71st birthday a few days ago on October 27th, I hope it isn't too late for me to post this video and it's one of Fawlty Towers' funniest moments in the episode Gourmet Night.
Though only 12 episodes (6 hours) ever produced and broadcast - Fawlty Towers will remain to be one of the most popular British television-shows of ALL time, and they're jokes and hilarious gags will always be remembered.
This scene is hilarious when Basil Fawlty is trying to order a take away and something goes wrong with his car and he goes completely over his mind and once his car stops working - he goes furious with range and grabs and runs out of the car and gets out a tree branch and blows out a tantrum by thrashing his car - one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen on the show and television.
Hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

Eric Noble said...

I remember watching that!! I laughed so hard!! John Cleese is a comedy genius!!