Monday, 9 August 2010

I Am Confused...

Can some of you people help me out with my confusion I'm having with animator's names and confusion!
In Disney later films, we see in credits that there's Jack Buckley. During the Sleeping Beauty drafts and the 101 Dalmatians draft, we list a Jack Bailey and no Jack Buckley. Is it just different names or different people? Because Bailey seems to be a character animator, and I'm stumped!
Another confusion: Is Dick Lucas a character animator or effects animator, because on the Sword in the Stone draft, at the opening sequence, it seems that Dick Lucas did effects on a book cover or something and he did some other stuff on character animation, also not forgetting on The Aristocats and The Rescuers he is credited as 'effects animator', and that confuses me! He seems to have done effects on 101 Dalmatians with Cruella in her car! Stumped, again!!

2 comments:

John V. said...

Dick Lucas, like Ed Aardal, seems to have done different kinds of animation at different points in his career.

And I'm assuming Jack Bailey and Jack Buckley were entirely different people. As Hans Perk is fond of point out, there were a lot of people called Jack at the studio.

Steven Hartley said...

So, Ed Aardal and Dick Lucas did character and effects animation at the same time - that explains why Aardal was credited for character animation in "Melody Time" and "Lady and the Tramp", and Dick Lucas is credited for character animation in "101 Dalmatians", "The Sword in the Stone" and "The Jungle Book".

I see, thanks for the tip...